This document provides a summary of the Covenants for the Estates At Keystone. The purpose of the covenants is to ensure the initial and continuing integrity of the Estates as an upscale, clean, single-family community. They include requirements and restrictions on the use of the property, the type of dwelling allowed, materials used, defines allowed activities and controlling the cleanliness of the neighborhood. We fully realize that someone investing $250K or more in a house wants to make sure other properties do not detract from their own and that the neighborhood maintains the integrity with which it was originally designed. The following is a summary of many aspects of those covenants, it does not in any way replace or supersede the actual and recorded covenants.
Download the Covenants Summary
- Residential single family dwellings only
- No in-home businesses
- No lot subdivisions
- Can combine adjacent lots for a single one family dwelling
- No noxious or offensive trade in dwelling or on lot that becomes offensive to neighbors/neighborhood
- Lot cannot be changed to materially affect elevation, grade with surrounding lots
- Dwelling to be at least 35′ and no more than 80′ feet from the curb line
- 25% of any street side view/walls to be brick, natural stone, or similar materials
- Building related materials storage on lot no more than 30 days before construction start
- Construction must start within 8 months and be completed within 14 months after sale of lot
- All plans to be preapproved by developer/association, including site elevation, blueprint of entire home.
- Contractors for all aspects of construction, landscaping, flat work, etc. to be preapproved by developer/association before construction may begin.
- Homes to be stick built on-site
- All homes must have basements, no homes on slabs allowed
- One story – minimum of 1,700 sq ft on main floor
- Two story – minimum of 1,500 sq. ft. on main floor, total to be no less than 2,500 sq. ft.
- Tri-Ievel – main floor no less than 1,500 sq ft. total no less than 2,500 sq ft.
- Single story – roof pitch to be 5.0/12 or greater
- Two story or tri-level – roof pitch to be 6.0/12 or greater
- No A-Frame, log, dome, or earth home allowed.
- Association to approve all dwelling and site plans, materials, etc.
- Grading, sod placement or seeding to be completed within 90 days of completion of home, weather permitting
- All lawn to be grass, except for allowed garden areas.
- All gardens, orchards, etc. to be in back or side and no closer than 75′ to curb line.
- Home may not be occupied/lived in until after completion of construction and an Occupancy Permit has been approved/granted the by the City of Platteville
- Driveways shall be paved concrete and installed within 14 months of lots purchase.
- All garages to be attached, no detached garages allowed.
- Garage must have at least 2 and no more than 3 1/2 stalls for cars. Door height to be no more than 9′.
- Mailbox to be regulation and enclosed with pedestal to be made of brick, stone, stucco matching the home.
- No permanent above ground allowed
- Must be placed to the rear of the home
- Must be fenced
- Equipment must be shielded from view
- No fences in front yard
- No closer than 35′ from curb for corner lots
- Max height of 6′
- Allowed materials include brick, stucco, stone or wrought iron. Other metal fences prohibited
- Must be preapproved by developer/association
- Same architectural design and materials as dwelling
- No railroad ties
- Must be approved by developer/association
- No exterior antennas, dishes, and supporting structures allowed except may have one satellite dish no greater than 3′ in diameter with placement not visible from a public street.
- No temporary or permanent signs except when home is for sale (sign to be no more than 9 sq ft)
- Non-permanent customary, holiday, civil event signs allowed for 60 days max. Signs to be no more than 5 sq ft and 4′ in height. Political signs must be removed within 10 days of event/election.
Vehicles / Storage:
- No service or business vehicles allowed unless kept in garage
- No boats, trailers, campers, mobile homes or the like unless kept in enclosed garage.
- No cars or vehicles on lawns
- No overnight parking allowed on the streets.
- Household pets only and only those customarily indoors.
- No breeding or commercial use of animals allowed.
- No dog kennels
- No commercial, fee or other, boarding, treatment, or kenneling allowed
Maintenance / Cleanliness:
- Owners must control grass, weeds, dust, dirt, litter, debris, etc.
- Buildings must be maintained
- No junk (rubbish, vehicles, machinery, etc.) allowed on the lot.
- Trash to be kept in containers in enclosed area (e.g. garage) unless placed on curb for pickup
Remodeling / Repairs / Razing:
- Any additions or remodeling to be completed within a 60 day time period.
- Repair to any damage must start within 60 days and be completed within 6 months of the event. If to be razed, must occur within 60 days of event.
- No out buildings unless approved by developer/association
- No double-wide or mobile homes
- No occupancy allowed until upstairs is complete